- Faster and finer grinding than any other ball mill
- Speed of 2000 min-1 allow for ultra-fast pulverization of the sample
- Water cooling permits continuous operation without cool down breaks
- Temperature-controlled grinding
- Narrow particle size distribution thanks to special jar design which improves mixing of the sample
- Patented drive concept
- Easy operation via touch screen, 10 SOPs storable
- Operation with 2 grinding jars
- Easy installation of grinding jars
- Jars with integrated safety closure
- Range of jar materials allow for contamination free grinding
The novel size reduction mechanism of the Emax unites the advantages of different mill types: high-frequency impact (mixer mill), intensive friction (vibratory disc mill) and controlled circular jar movements (planetary ball mill) allow for unrivaled grinding performance. This unique combination is generated by the oval shape and the movement of the grinding jars. The grinding jar supports are mounted on two discs respectively which turn in the same direction. As a result, the jars move on a circular course without changing their orientation.
The interplay of jar geometry and movement causes strong friction between grinding balls, sample material and jar walls as well as a rapid acceleration which lets the balls impact with great force on the sample at the rounded ends of the jars. This significantly improves the mixing of the particles resulting in smaller grind sizes and a narrower particle size distribution than has been possible to achieve in ball mills so far.