USER CONVENIENCE COMBINED WITH MAXIMUM SAFETY
Easy cleaning of the rotor and the hammers thanks to
- Fold-back hopper to gain access to the crushing chamber from above
- Additional fold back option in the middle section of the machine allows easy cleaning of rotor and hammers from below
To ensure a long service life of the machine, even when mostly used for tough crushing tasks, the following parts can be exchanged by the user:
- Wear plates inside the mill
- Rotor with the swing hammers
A safety switch and the brake motor ensure that the unit comes to an immediate stop, e.g. if the door is openend unintentially.
HIGH THROUGHPUT & DEFINED FINAL FINENESS
This diagram shows a comparison of the Hammer Mill HM 200 with two rotor mills, the SK300 Cross Beater Mill and the SR300 Rotor Beater Mill. The extremely high sample throughput of the HM 200 is clearly visible. The HM 200 shows a good crushing efficiency of 125, which is the value of the maximum feed size divided by the finest achievable grind size. The SR 300 and SK 300 accept a maximum feed size of 25 mm (unlike the HM 200 which accepts sizes up to 100 mm) and crush particles to a size below 0.05 mm or 0.1 mm respectively – resulting in a higher crushing ratio.
Benefits at a glance
- Excellent crushing performance
- Very high throughput of up to 1500 kg/h
- Fixed speed of 3000 min-1
- Sieve range from 2 – 40 mm
- Feed size up to 100 mm, grind size < 0.8 mm
- Easy access to crushing chamber facilitates cleaning
- For batchwise or continuous grinding
- Connector for dust extraction
DEFINED PARTICLE SIZE THANKS TO DIFFERENT SIEVES
The achievable final fineness of the sample depends on the material’s properties. Hard and brittle materials can be easily crushed in the HM 200 down to particle sizes below 0.8 mm. The range of sieves with aperture sizes from 2 mm to 40 mm allows for perfect adaption to application requirements.
Tough, fibrous, or moist samples like plastic toys, wood or humid coal can be successfully crushed in the hammer mill when choosing a sieve with medium to large aperture size.
HOPPERS AND COLLECTING SYSTEMS
The HM 200 is suitable for batchwise as well as continuous grinding and can be equipped with different hoppers and collecting systems.
- Standard hopper for quick and easy feeding of large sample amounts
- Batch hopper for feeding approximately 600 ml in one go with very little dust development
- Standard collector for size reduction of sample amounts up to 10 l
- For large volumes a collector is available which accommodates up to 30 l
- Continuous operation: Use the continuous gravity outlet and a customer specific collecting system
TYPICAL SAMPLE MATERIALS
RETSCH’s powerful hammer mill is ideally suited for preliminary crushing and fine grinding of ores, granite, ceramics, quartz, slag, soil, coal, glass, cement clinker, wood, plastics, feed pellets, dry animal feed, dried herbs etc.